New chapters should have at least 100 alumni living or working in the area. Each new
chapter will require 18 months to one year of development after which it will be eligible
to host a Regional Reception.*
- Local events must be run entirely by the alumni chapter with minimal support from
the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR).
- There must be continuous and effective communication among the chapter leaders.
- There must be continuous and effective communication between the chapter leaders
- The chapter must hold one kickoff event and at least two additional events that are
well organized, well communicated, and well attended.
- The chapter must be self-sufficient and self-sustaining.
* A Regional Reception is an event hosted by OAR with assistance from the local
chapter leaders. OAR will subsidize a portion of the cost and handle the
marketing and promotion of the event. OAR will provide an appropriate
keynote speaker (the Fordham University president or other University official).
If we do not currently have a Fordham alumni chapter in your area and
you are interested in starting one, please contact Ann Marie Boccuzzi, at
Think about how you can make a difference in our area—and join us!
Sapientia et Doctrina: Your wisdom and learning are the key to Fordham's future.