Support the Legacy Fund
- Preserve the Marymount name and tradition of excellence.
- Prepare women for leadership roles in a rapidly changing society.
- Provide scholarships to young women who embody the spirit of Marymount and its values in learning.
The Marymount Alumnae Association established the Marymount Legacy Fund, an endowed scholarship at Fordham University, in recognition of the Centennial of Marymount College in 2007 and to honor the alumnae, faculty, staff, and R.S.H.M. of Marymount.
The Marymount Legacy Fund is designed to support young women who:
The goal of the fund is to support as many talented and deserving young women as possible. As of the last academic year (2013-2014), eight deserving recipients were each awarded the $5,000 scholarship.
- Embody the Marymount spirit through learning and leadership;
- Have a family affiliation with any of the Marymount secondary schools or colleges; and
- Demonstrate financial need and academic merit;
The Marymount Alumnae Association aims to raise $1 million for the Marymount Legacy Fund. To date over $600,000 has been contributed by alumnae and friends.
Marymount College had a profound effect on its graduates. Through support of the fund, Marymount alumnae carry on the mission of its founders in the R.S.H.M. by helping promising young women of today.
Interested Fordham students can apply through the Office of Student Financial Services.
Make a gift to the Marymount Legacy Fund today!
If you have any questions, contact Justine Franklin at 212-636-7383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.