The mission of Fordham's Veterans Alumni Chapter is to foster a strong and continuing relationship between the veteran alumni of Fordham University and the University community, particularly by sharing their experience and knowledge with returning veteran students and current ROTC cadets. The Veterans Alumni Chapter welcomes all Fordham veterans, as well as ROTC, PLC, and similar program participants.
The formation of the chapter represents the combined efforts of Fordham's Office of Alumni Relations, the Department of Military Science at Fordham, and veteran alumni. Establishment and support of the Veterans Alumni Chapter exemplifies Fordham's continued support and recognition of all alumni who performed military service.
For more information about the chapter, email email@example.com.
Military Hall of Fame
The Fordham University Military and NYC Army Reserve Officer Corps Hall of Fame honors Fordham alumni veterans for their contribution to the military Heritage of Fordham University. This contribution can be made through active or reserve components of the armed forces, by being highly decorated for wartime actions, or for exceptional achievement in the civilian life by a veteran or ROTC alumnus. Often the individuals selected have achievements in more than one category and have made significant contributions of their time and talent to the military programs of Fordham
It is with great pride that we announce the 2016 inductees to the Hall of Fame:
- Colonel Philip J. Conran, U.S. Air Force (Ret.)
- Lieutenant Colonel Michael K. Hoblin, U.S. Army (Ret.)
- Colonel Howard J. T. Steers, U.S. Army (Ret.)
Biographies of this year's inductees are available online here. To see our complete Hall of Fame listing, please click here.
The old saying of "never volunteer" does not apply to veterans because we are already volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Committee Assignment" in the subject line and specify which committee you'd like to join.
- Communications works on our newsletters and social media platforms.
- Veterans Mass committee members will coordinate with the Alumni Office and Campus Ministry to plan the annual Veterans Mass.
- Student Veterans maintains contact with student veteran organizations.
- Hall of Fame committee members participate in the annual selection of individuals to be inducted into the Fordham Military and NYC ROTC Hall of Fame.
- ROTC Coordination works with the Army ROTC cadre to support the ROTC program.
- Initiatives Support focuses on boosting alumni support through several Fordham initiatives and funds, including the Veterans Academic Initiative and the ROTC Commissioning Insignia Fund.
The committees may change with the needs of the chapter. All suggestions are welcome.
Vets4Warriors.com is a call center available for support and to provide resources to veterans, active military, and family or friends of the military within the Fordham community.
Edge4Vets mentors student-veterans and guides them in transferring their military skills into assets for civilian careers.
REQUEST YOUR RAM PASS
The Ram Pass provides alumni with access to campus facilities and more! Request yours here.
UPDATE YOUR INFO
Update your service and contact information here.
President: Colonel Edward H. Winkler, USA Retired, FCRH '67, LAW '72
Student Veterans Committee: Gunnery Sergeant Daniel Hodd, USMC Ret., GABELLI '13
Newsletter Coordinator: Major Marco Bongioanni, USAR, GSE '12
Fordham Veterans Coordinator: Matthew A. Butler, USMC Ret., PCS '16
Pershing Rifles Alumni Chapter: Charlie Tagliareni, FCRH '64.